Help Desk Technician
We are Expanding Our Operations Again…It’s an Exciting Opportunity to Advance Your IT Career!
Tech North Solutions is a growing and dynamic company in an evolving and exciting industry, located in Burns Lake, BC. We service a wide range of customers including local government, first nations, heavy industry, small business and consumers. We are not a retail establishment, but do carry inventory that supports and services our regular operations.
We require the assistance of an Help Desk Technician. We are excited about our future prospects and are expanding the foundations of our business to be the best IT related services provider in Northern BC. Our client centered business requires a person with a wide range of technical and interpersonal abilities including clear communication skills and a professional appearance.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
The ideal candidate will be professional, positive, and believe that customer service is a priority and can function effectively in a fast-paced dynamic work environment and possess the following:
- Valid and clear BC driver’s license and have access to a good working car and/or other form of reliable transportation as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. Able to explain technical issues in clear and understandable language
- Experience in delivering outstanding customer service, solution focused, enthusiastic, and willing to learn
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team oriented environment
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills including proven troubleshooting and diagnostic skills with a proactive attitude towards problem identification and resolution
- Ability to demonstrate confidence, patience and diplomacy in a demanding environment
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter – function autonomously, with minimal supervision
- Mature, reliable and highly organized
- Ability to work with minimal direction and exercising strong initiative, judgment and confidentiality
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Configure desktops, servers, peripherals and network equipment for our client locations
- Provides telephone support or on-site hardware repair/recovery/replacement
- Able to work weekend and after-hours support on a rotation basis
- Troubleshoot and resolve system and user problems. Based on complexity, escalate issues to a Network Support Technician or Network Support Engineer as necessary
- Record work order task fully, including diagnostics, assistance, hardware replacement and/or repair and resolution in our application
- Must be able to document support tasks, update the support knowledge database and FAQ and user
- Success in the Help Desk Technician position will be based on your ability to meet or exceed our client’s expectations and by exceeding the SLA (Service Level Agreements) put in place for the various agreements, through efficient and effective creation, resolution, and escalation of tickets.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- Minimum Grade 12 Diploma, preference given for post-secondary education in a technical field and/or IT Certification
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously.
- Excellent listening and communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Organized, detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to provide and maintain detailed documentation on each job.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to effectively communicate through e-mail.
- Knowledge in basic networking configurations
- Experience in Windows Operating Systems (7 to current)
- Ability to remain in contact with the client thru the completion of the incident.
- Problem-solving abilities and ability to meet reasonable deadlines.
- Ability to build positive and collaborative relationships.
- Willingness to develop professionally.
- Ability to work with little supervision and work in a team.
- Strong knowledge working with and diagnosing PC hardware (workstation and server) problems
- Good understanding and practical deployment experience of the following protocols and networking services: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Good understanding of LAN and WAN concepts and local area network administration
- Ability to communicate with users over the phone and provide remote support and using a variety of remote support tools
- The majority of work will be performed at the TNS Office during regular working hours.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and reposition all parts of user workstations, servers, network appliances, printers and other information technology equipment as required.
- Spend consecutive hours at a time standing at a work bench or sitting in front of computer monitor and using keyboard and mouse.
- Normal professional, office environment.
Wage is commensurate with experience, and a competitive benefits package is available
If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your resume and cover letter in pdf format before to email@example.com or mail it to:
Tech North Solutions Inc.
PO Box 595
Burns Lake, BC
Simplifying technology for your business
We thank all interested applicants, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.