Network Support Technician
Tech North Solutions is hiring a full-time Network Support Technician in Burns Lake.
We are Expanding Our Operations…It’s an Exciting Opportunity to Advance Your IT Career!
Tech North Solutions is a growing and dynamic company in an evolving and exciting industry. We service a wide range of customers including local government, first nations, heavy industry, and small business. We are located in Burns Lake, BC, a community that offers affordable family living; surrounded by unspoiled natural beauty the area presents limitless recreational opportunities.
We require the assistance of an experienced Computer/Network Support Technician. We are excited about our future prospects and are expanding the foundations of our business to be the best
IT related services provider in Northern BC. Our client centered business requires a person with a wide range of technical and interpersonal abilities including clear communication skills and a professional appearance.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Installation, diagnosis and maintenance of networking infrastructure including: routers, switches, wireless access points, cabling, and related equipment
- Diagnosis, repair and maintenance of client computer systems including: virus and spyware removal, OS installation, data recovery, software installation, hardware and peripheral installation and configuration, and computer system building and testing
- Setup, configure, maintain and troubleshoot server systems
- Install, monitor and manage client backup solutions and disaster recovery plans
- Coach customers on proper use and maintenance of hardware and software
- Travel to provide a complete service solution at customer sites
- Provide thorough and accurate documentation of all work performed
- A+ Certified
- MCSE/MCITP Certification an asset
- Experience administrating Windows Operating Systems
- Experience managing Windows Server 2008 and above
- Linux or Mac experience an asset but not essential
- Ability to consistently document work using a ticket driven client management system
- Current valid driver’s license and clear driving record
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Focused on customer service
- Mature and reliable
- Highly organized
- Great at documentation
- Able to deliver consistent results
- A proactive thinker who is able to prioritize tasks
- Confident, with clear communication skills
- Efficient and task oriented
- Natural problem solver
- Ability to take direction, work as part of a team and also independently
Wage is commensurate with experience based on the Working in Canada Website Wage Report located at the www.workingincanada.gc.ca website for the position of Network Technician, and a competitive benefits package is available.
If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your resume and
cover letter in pdf format to email@example.com or mail it to:
Tech North Solutions Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 595
Burns Lake, BC
This job will be posted until the position is filled.
We thank all interested applicants, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. To learn more about our company visit www.technorth.ca.